viernes, 30 de marzo de 2012

Mùsica : Orphan Songs ..Help a brother



 

A song for Japan.


"Help a brother" is a song about what I felt when Japan was hit by earthquake and tsunami in March 2011. It was released a year after the catastrophe.

When Japan was hit by the earthquake and tsunami in March 2011 I was moved in a way that I had not been before. Sure, I’ve always felt for people who are suffering, whether it’s from hunger, poverty, war or  natural disasters. But this time it was different. The feeling was deeper. I don’t know why. So I followed the news in the media, I donated money and sent the people of Japan my thoughts.

Shortly after the incident I wrote a song called "Help a brother". It came to me while I was doing the dishes one day. As I recall it, I wrote it all in one fell swoop. I started recording it right away, but then for some reason I never finished it.

Today it’s been one year since the disaster and a week ago I decided I would finally finish it. Here it is, and even though it’s specifically about the events in Japan its message is one of brotherhood and oneness.

The song is free to download and share. If you like it, please don't donate to me this time, instead consider donating some money to people in need.

Peace,
Carl-Otto


Lyrics:
help a brother if you can
help a brother if you can
there is no need to take a stand
just help a brother if you can

I heard the news from Japan
and suddenly it felt like I was there
one day you know you are part of a whole
and you can’t fake it any more

so help a brother if you can
help a brother if you can
there is no need to take a stand
just help a brother if you can

I saw the water rushing in
it swallowed everyone and everything
and now I don’t know where to begin
they say there is poison in the wind

so help a brother if you can
help a brother if you can
there is no need to understand
just help a brother if you can

so help a brother if you can
help a brother if you can
there is no need to take a stand
just help a brother if you can
you want to help a brother if you can

Japanse flag cover art by Dominic’s pics.


 http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/108130?refuid=318069

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Archivo del blog

free counters

Datos personales

Mi foto
Malas noticias en los periòdicos, asesinatos, enfermedad, pobreza, dolor, injusticias, discriminaciòn, guerras, lo grave es que nos parece normal.

Ecologia2